Friday, April 13, 2012

updates

As I sit here and realize that I haven't made a post in quite sometime again I am thinking how does my friend who is so much more proficient at getting posts out do it?  I seem to never have time to just sit down and type.  I'm always either at work or running after one of my boys more specifically Aaron.  Well besides the point here I am typing!

First things first Aaron is doing great and talking up a storm as he nears his 2nd birthday!  I am trying to plan a party for family and friends to celebrate and I am looking forward to being with him on his birthday.  He is my mini me in almost every way!  He's always good for a laugh and loves to get into trouble as often as he can.  Steve the other day in the midst of another Aaron tantrum looks at me and says "Is this the terrible two's?  Because it seems like it's more the hysterical two's!"  Ok I had to laugh at that one because he's right when Aaron is having a break down he does make me laugh at what he does. Oh and his favorite word right now is NO!

Next is Andrew and he's doing fantastic as well!  He's 4 months old, loving his cereal and just more recently bananas!  He also rolled over front to back for the first time the other night.  He is such a happy baby and just like his brother always wakes up with a smile. He is also sleeping through the night I don't mind so much that he likes to get up between 530 and 0600 but just wish he might sleep a little longer on some days.

Steve is good as well and loves the time he gets to spend with the boys.  Aaron is always wanting to be around dad and loves to play outside with him as much as possible. Andrew of course always has a smile for his daddy as well.  For us it's been a little bit of a struggle to find the right balance between adult time and time for kids.  We are so tired at the end of the day that it's hard to want to talk instead of going to bed sometimes.  We have been able to continue trying to budget as much as possible and really crack down on the amount of money we spend.  We are still working towards getting out from under our credit card debt but have a little less than 5,000$ to go.  We have been a little more diligent though in trying to get out without kids at least once a month for an adult date!  It's definitely nice when we get to sit and enjoy each others company and reconnect even if it's only for a couple hours!

Finally for me...I am good but utterly exhausted half the time.  I never feel like I get enough sleep and work has been increasingly difficult but more about what days I work vs the patients that I take care of.  I do feel that they are a bit more trusting of me as I near the one year mark in TCU.  Recently however I have been having a little bit of a problem with what days I am scheduled.  We do self scheduling and I try not to put myself on for more than two days in a row as I am 12 hrs and don't get to see the boys when I am working.  However as much as I try to do that I have seen an increase of 3 days in a row or more recently a possibility of 4.  I am a very flexible person but take me away from my kids and I become very upset about it.  The nice thing is that all the people that I work with all have kids around the same ages and understand what I am expressing.  Oh and last but not least I have no report on my weight as I haven't seen the doc in several weeks but I can tell you that I know I am still losing weight as my clothes are slowly starting to fit better and I am in the market for some new things!

Alright then I think that this is long enough for the moment and will try to update more often and share my stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment