Sunday, September 26, 2010

The First Adjustment

I was a little nervous when it was time for my first adjustment, ok I was a lot nervous!  I really didn't know what to expect with the appointment.  Like any other doctors appointment I went and signed in and sat down to wait.  Finally my name was called and the adventure of adjustments and seeing the doctor began.

I went into this small little room and the dreaded scale loomed in front of me.  I was told by the nurse to step up.  I got on the scale with a little apprehension and low and behold I was down about 10 lbs!  This was actually quite exciting to me.  I didn't think I would lose that much in 6 weeks.  The rest of the little room was a little bit of a blur but blood pressure and the like was taken and at that time it was discovered that my blood pressure was through the roof!  I was like great something else to deal with.  Oh well I would have to deal with it later.  So I finished with the little room and it was off to one of the exam rooms to again wait.

After about 20 minutes my wonderful surgeon walks in and greets me and says to how great I have done by losing 10 lbs.  I at that point was happy but not ecstatic as I was kind of like big deal it's only 10 lbs.  So the appointment continued by him asking how I was doing and what I was eating and how much.  I answered his questions as honestly as I could and he told me what this adjustment would entail.  For those of you who don't know me very well I HATE needles.  Don't like them one bit.  First he took a small syringe with some numbing medication and numbed up the area and then he took a bigger needle and found the port that had been placed during surgery.  Once the needle was in the syringe was attached and fluid was placed in the band.

The only way I can describe the feeling of the first adjustment was nauseating.  He says to me that this can sometimes happen but I wasn't too sure.  The appointment came to a close with him making sure that everything was ok and having me drink some water to make sure the adjustment was good.  Then he bid me farewell and told me he would see me in six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment