Friday, November 26, 2010

A first Thanksgiving

I have wanted to do another post for like the last week but just hadn't time to actually sit and type it.  I have been thinking about this post for a couple of weeks actually because I have been having a hard time dealing with some things lately.  I went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago and told him that I was feeling kind of down because I was missing food.  I said that it's not the fact that I can't eat the food it's because I can't eat the food the way that I want too.  For example I can eat a burger without the bun and no fries but what I would truly enjoy right now is the whole experience of a good burger fixings and all and a side of fries.  I am figuring that I am going through what I would have gone through last year if I hadn't gotten pregnant and he seemed to agree.  So this truly was my first Thanksgiving with the band.  Oh and by the way I did just fine and I had my turkey and ham and all the trimmings and it was good even if it was at work and not my family!  Oh and for the update I'm at officially 253 lbs. and have lost 77 lbs.  and I am 3 lbs from my second goal of 250! To which I cannot even remember the last time I was that weight.  I'm thinking maybe 10 yrs ago??

Another first Thanksgiving is the fact that it's Steve's first with the band as well.  He is doing well I think but he hasn't been adjusted yet but he will be in a few weeks.  He's been losing weight and was 12 lbs done when he went in for his first checkup.  He doesn't like to talk about it too much so that's all I will say about that! Ha Ha!

The last first but certainly not least is Aaron's first Thanksgiving.  He is almost 7 months old now and really really trying to crawl forward that is.  He has the rolling and the moving backwards down pat but he just can't seem to get it all coordinated yet with going forward.  I know it's gonna be soon and can't wait.  He continues to be the joy of our lives and is always keeping me entertained.  I definitely do miss him when I have to work but it's all best in the end as the days I get to spend with him are priceless! 

All in all it was a bunch of firsts for all of us this Thanksgiving season and knowing that this holiday went well the future doesn't seem so dim and I'm actually looking forward to the Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment